Heroes in Transition First Weekend in May Fundraiser
Heroes In Transition President Cyndy Jones to match first $5,000 raised during first weekend in May to support pandemic-related programs. The nonprofit is strengthening efforts to address impacts of pandemic on military community. More info at https://www.heroesintransition.org/.
Cape Cod Healthcare Medical Supply Donation Program
Cape Cod Healthcare (CCHC) has expanded the number of locations where residents can donate essential medical supplies to be used by healthcare providers to protect themselves as they care for patients in the fight against the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Items needed are listed by priority:
- Isolation Gowns
- Face Shields
- Surgical Masks
- Nitrile Gloves
- 3M N95 Masks # 1860,1860S & 1870
- Disinfectant Wipes
- No Touch or Forehead Thermometers
Many generous Cape Cod residents and others have offered to donate hand-sewn masks. To help ensure the safety of physicians, nurses and staff, unopened or sealed packages of medical grade masks in all sizes are preferred. Hand-sewn masks will be accepted at donation locations. Masks should be boxed or sealed in plastic. Donations can be made at the following locations:
- Falmouth Hospital - 100 Ter Heun Drive, Falmouth (Employee Parking lot)
- Fontaine Outpatient Medical Center – 525 Long Pond Road, Harwich
- Hyannis Urgent Care - 1220 Iyannough Road, Hyannis
- Parking Lot - 9 East Main Street, Hyannis (intersection of Rt. 28)
- Stoneman Outpatient Medical Center – 2 Jan Sebastian Dr, Sandwich
For location information, please visit https://www.capecodhealth.org/locations/
Financial contributions to help support Cape Cod Healthcare in its response to COVID-19 can be made at: https://support.givetocapecodhealth.org/covid
COVID-19 PPE Procurement and Donation Program
The Baker-Polito Administration has created an online portal where individuals and companies can easily donate or sell personal protective equipment (PPE) and volunteer to support the COVID-19 outbreak in Massachusetts. By visiting the COVID-19 PPE Procurement and Donation website, businesses and organizations can offer for purchase or donation critically needed personal protective equipment, including:
- N95/N99 masks (respirators)
- Surgical/procedure masks
- Facemasks with integrated shields
- Powered Air-Purifying Respirators (PAPR)
- Protective suits/gowns
Medical Reserve Corps seeks mask, headband donations
Donations should be placed in a plastic or paper bag, with the number of masks inside written on the outside.
Residents who own or have access to 3-D printers and are interested in creating and donating the headbands are asked to follow the FDA-approved design and printing specifications that can be found at www.designthatmatters.org/covid-19.
The headbands can be printed at one of two 3D printing websites, www.thingiverse.com/ or www.prusaprinters.org/.
The face shield itself is a standard plastic, letter-sized report cover attached to the headband.
Donation locations for personal protective equipment may also be located by using the following website: www.getusppe.org/give/.
Collection bins have been set up for both face masks and face shield headbands at the following locations:
- 3195 Main St., Barnstable Village, Old Jail Building (county complex, top of the hill),
- 1357 Main St., Brewster, Quiltish of Cape Cod
- 40 School St., Cotuit, Cotuit Federated Church
- 190 Samoset Road, Eastham, Eastham Public Library (the bin is at the main entrance)
- 300 Main St., Falmouth, Falmouth Public Library (the bin is at the entrance on Katharine Lee Bates Road)
- 103 Shore Road, North Truro, front porch next door to Long Point Electric
- 56 Main St., Orleans, main post office building (the hallway is open during post office lobby hours)
- 220 West Main St., Wellfleet, DPW building
Health Professional Volunteer for COVID-19 Relief
LINK to volunteer site - https://www.mass.gov/health-services-covid-19-volunteer-form
We're working with local providers and boards of health across the Commonwealth to find places where health professionals like you could volunteer to support your community. Click the link below to sign up and we'll reach out if there is a volunteer opportunity in your area.
Please do not volunteer if you have had any contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
Volunteers must provide their own transportation
Volunteers will be contacted only when/if a need is identified
Family Pantry needs to hold donations of physical items
The Family Pantry of Cape Cod would like to thank you for your support at this difficult time.
We are requesting people hold onto donations of clothing, housewares and food for the Family Pantry of Cape Cod and Second Glance Thrift Shop at this time out of an abundance of caution to ensure that our clients, volunteers & staff limit their exposure to the coronavirus.
We do encourage you to make financial donations on our web site www.thefamilypantry.com or by mail 133 Queen Anne Rd, Harwich, MA 02645 as more and more of our friends and neighbors will require support from the Family Pantry.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT
You may also make a financial donation on our web site at http://www.thefamilypantry.com/Donations
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.