Schools and Non-Emergency Child Care Programs:
Governor Charlie Baker issued an emergency order extending the closure of all public and private schools through the end of the school year, and the closure of all non-emergency childcare programs until June 29, 2020 in an effort to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 in the Commonwealth. https://www.mass.gov/news/baker-polito-administration-announces-extension-of-school-and-non-emergency-child-care-0
Food access information for Barnstable County
Cape Cod School info
“Grab and Go” breakfast and lunch pick-up between 10am – 1pm and 4 – 6pm, Monday through Friday (on Friday, weekend meals given out) at the schools below. Any child 18 and under is eligible to pick up a meal, including toddlers. All districts welcomed.
• Barnstable Intermediate School, 895 Falmouth Road, Hyannis
• United Elementary, 730 Osterville-W. Barnstable Rd, Marston Mills
• Hyannis West, 549 West Main Street, Hyannis
• Barnstable Community Innovation School, 165 Bearses Way, Hyannis
(Starting Monday, April 13th – No longer at HYCC)
These “Grab and Go” breakfast and lunch bags are available at these additional sites, see below:
Bus Stop Locations and Times:
• Route A
– 465 Sea Street (Sea Street Beach) – 10:45 to 11:15 am
– 200 Main St (Health Offices) – 11:30 am to 12:15 pm
• Route B
– 367 Main Street (Town Hall lot) – 10:45 to 11:30 am
– 767 Independence Dr (Village Green Apts. entrance) – 11:50 am to 12:30 pm
• Route C
– Turtleback Rd (Turtleback Triangle at Fleetwood) – 11:00 to 11:30 am
– 2095 Main Street (old Marstons Mills Elementary) – 11:50 am to 12:30 pm
• Route D
– 852 Bearse’s Way (Hyannis Elk) – 10:45 to 11:30 am
– 168 Barnstable Road (Cromwell Court) – 11:45 to 12:30 pm
• Route E
– 2377 Meetinghouse Way (Lombard Field) – 11:00 to 11:30 am
– 3195 Rt. 6A (County Complex, behind Fire dept.) – 11:45 am to 12:15 pm
• Route F – NEW LOCATION Starting Monday 3/30/20
– 1638-72 Falmouth Rd, Rt. 28 (Centerville Plaza lot across from the post office)
– 10:55 to 11:25 am
– 140 Old Oyster Rd (old Cotuit Elementary) – 11:45 am to 12:15 pm
The Bourne Patrolman’s Association (Bourne Police Union) will assist any child who receives free or reduced breakfast/lunches while school is out. People can reach out through their Facebook page.
Coronavirus Plan for the Friends Food Pantry for the week of March 16: The Friends Food Pantry will be open to clients this week, Tuesday 9 AM-12 PM and Saturday 9 AM-11 AM. We will also be making home deliveries to those who are enrolled in our Home Delivery Program. If you have any questions or concerns, please call Karen, Pantry Manager at 508-759-3351.
Falmouth Public Schools will continue to offer free "grab and go" breakfast and lunch meals to qualifying students. If you would like to continue to receive free school meals for your child during the closure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting Tuesday, March 17th, meals will be available at schools each day from 11:00am-1:00pm.
To help aid students and their families who live “food insecure” and rely on the school to eat, all three Marshland Restaurant locations are offering a school style breakfast for $2.50 from 8:00 am until 11:30 am and then a school style lunch for $3.00 until 3:00 pm. They will offer curb-side pickup throughout and will turn no student away due to an inability to pay for the meals.
- The Original Marshland 109 Route 6A, Sandwich
- Marshland Too & Too's Tavern, 315 Cotuit Road, Sandwich
- Marshland 3A, 986 State Road 3A, Plymouth
The Dennis-Yarmouth School District will be operating the “Dolphin Drive Thru” for any student in need of breakfast or lunch. Go to any D-Y school between 11a-1p, drive up to the main entrance and remain in your car, and the food service worker will provide breakfast and lunch bags. You do not need to qualify for free or reduced lunch to take advantage of this.
Monomoy Regional School District
(Starting Friday 3/20) Monomoy Regional School District will be offering grab-and-go meal service in order to provide free breakfast and lunch to all students. Meals will be available from 9a-12p and families will be able to pick up both meals at the same time for their children on a daily basis. There will be two drive-through pick-up locations for the food program - please remain in the car and meals will be brought to you:
- Monomoy Regional Middle School, Chatham
- Monomoy Regional High School, Harwich
Monomoy Regional School District adding Sharks on Wheels to Free Grab-and-Go Meals Program
Beginning Monday April 27, 2020, and operating on Mondays and Thursdays, Monomoy Regional School District will be adding a Sharks on Wheels program to its Grab and Go free meal service. This is a meal delivery program for families who are unable to to travel to one of the Grab and Go sites.
There is a signup form on the district's website that families must complete in order to arrange for delivery of meals. - LINK TO FORM - [https://forms.gle/yzmPzt45G8DMSUfd6] - MRSD will not be able to schedule delivery until one form per child is submitted. Families need only submit the form once per child in order to sign up for the delivery program. On Mondays, families will receive three breakfasts and three lunches per child, and on Thursdays, families will receive four breakfasts and four lunches, to cover the weekend.
The existing Grab and Go meal program will continue to be available to families.
The meals will be compliant with the USDA School Lunch Guidelines.
If more food is needed for a student or family, or if a family is not able to access a pickup location, please email email@example.com or call (508) 237-1781.
Nauset School District
(Brewster, Orleans, Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro, Provincetown)
Food Services Program will be opening up a “Grab-and-Go” service for students in order to offer free breakfast and lunch to all families. This program is being offered for children, eighteen years of age and under, by providing meals that would typically be provided during the school day. Families will be allowed to pick up meals for their own children on a daily basis. There will be four locations for this “Grab-and-Go” food program. Parents may pick up meals at ANY one of the four locations including:
- Eddy Elementary School - Brewster (2298 Main Street - drive around to the back parking lot and pick up will be behind the school)
- Orleans Elementary School - Orleans (46 Eldredge Park Way - at the front of the school)
- Eastham Elementary School - Eastham (200 Schoolhouse Rd. - enter the back parking lot where parent drop-off occurs)
- Wellfleet Elementary School - Wellfleet (100 Lawrence Rd. - drive into the first parking lot entrance and pick-up will be by the cafeteria door)
The “Grab-and-Go” meals will be available for pick-up from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM daily, Monday through Friday|
Wareham Public Schools will be providing a meal pick up service for students from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM at the following outdoor locations:
- Wareham Middle School
- Bandshell at Onset
- Gleason Family YMCA
- Woods @ Wareham
- Swifts Beach Playground
- Brandy Hill
- Shangri La Playground
- Decas Elementary School
- West Wareham School Parking Lot
All students are welcome to pick up meals. This will begin on Monday, March 16th and will continue until we return to school or until further notice.
"Meals for our Students" program is open to all local students regardless of district or address. On weekdays from 7-9AM parents can pick up a bagged breakfast at Fox and Crow Cafe, 6 Commercial St., Wellfleet. Breakfast will include an egg sandwich, potato pancake, and a piece of fresh fruit. This will be free, funded by private donations. This is an honor system and primarily intended for children in need of a daily meal normally supplied by the schools and day care programs that are now closed.